AWARDS ELIGIBILITY – 2016 WORK
Hello! It’s SF/F Awards Season, so here’s some info on my eligibility and works!
JOHN W. CAMPBELL AWARD
I am in my first year of eligibility for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer! For a full list of eligible writers, go here.
I wrote a number of essays (and tweets) this year that qualify me in the Best Fan Writer category! Here’s a sampling:
- We Were All Trini: Searching for Asian American Mirrors in SF/F (Uncanny Magazine)
- Sidekick No More: Writing Asian Superheroes and the Challenges of Representation (The Toast)
- Heroine Complex and the Importance of Writing Asian Girls Having Fun (Angry Asian Man)
- In Praise of the Difficult Female Friendship (The Mary Sue)
- 7 Awesome Asian Lady Sidekicks Who Deserve to be Leads (SyFy Wire Fangrrls)