AWARDS ELIGIBILITY – 2016 WORK
Hello! It’s SF/F Awards Season, so here’s some info on my eligibility and works!
Heroine Complex, my debut novel, was published in 2016 by DAW Books! For more on the book, go here.
JOHN W. CAMPBELL AWARD
I am in my first year of eligibility for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer! For a full list of eligible writers, go here.
I wrote a number of essays (and tweets) this year that qualify me in the Best Fan Writer category! Here’s a sampling:
- We Were All Trini: Searching for Asian American Mirrors in SF/F (Uncanny Magazine)
- Sidekick No More: Writing Asian Superheroes and the Challenges of Representation (The Toast)
- Heroine Complex and the Importance of Writing Asian Girls Having Fun (Angry Asian Man)
- In Praise of the Difficult Female Friendship (The Mary Sue)
- 7 Awesome Asian Lady Sidekicks Who Deserve to be Leads (SyFy Wire Fangrrls)